Saturday, July 16, 2011

Training Log -- 7/15

Went over basic guard sweeps in preparation for testing. Drilled the sit-up, scissor, push, flower, and the sweep that involves you going for a scissor, switching grips so they can't post out, reaching over and sending them back over your head-ish.

I came to the realization the other day that nowadays, the only person I tap to is Josh. This of course means that I need to step my game up and roll with the heavier, much more experienced people as much as possible. Rolling with the noobs is fun, and although Drake is getting better and better and making me work hard for my sweeps/subs, I need to put myself in the situation of getting armbarred, choked, etc into oblivion so I can really take my technique to another level. I want to be subbed! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment