Thursday, June 16, 2011

Injuries!!

So I got swept while standing and decided it was in my best interest to break the fall with my thumb. Well, actually it just turned out that way. I believe at the end of the day it's nothing more than a bad jam, but I wont rule out an x-ray if problems persist. It seems a bit better today -- 24 hours later -- and has possibly moved out of the realm of "awkwardly painful" to just "really sore". Rolling with JC continues to lead to ankle issues, as he unwillingly attacks the same busted ankle every time. Fortunately, it's not bad at all and is very low on my injury alarm list at this point.

I got to thinking about all the wonderful injuries I've experienced in the past ~14 months of grappling:

Jammed finger
Jammed thumb (maybe worse)
hyper-extended elbow
AC joint trauma
Persistently painful ears (soon to be at least partially mangled lol)
Badly bruised kneecaps
sprained ankle
rolled toes

...damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment