Saturday, October 8, 2011

10/7 Update

So on Wednesday I hyper-extended my right arm trying rather poorly to escape an armbar from guard. Probably the first time in a while that I've been caught in that and I was pretty nonchalant about the escape until I felt my arm bend past normal range of motion. I'm kind of an idiot I guess, but it really showed me what I was doing wrong with my technique and to NEVER allow your opponent to strike first before initiating your own offense. Regardless, I iced it up and wasn't out of commission at all, so that's good.

Friday's class was using your own leg to hook their arm and lace it through to their same-side leg. This is very similar to the bicep slicer/sweep variation I've been familiar with, but in going to their leg instead of hooking the tricep, you can hit a backwards roll sweep, omoplata (when you shoulder roll) and triangle off it. Very fancy stuff.

I rolled with Josh and Will at the fundamental class and got Tomoe Nage'd a bajillian times. I have to work on my weight distribution (from EVERY position). I've been cleaning up some half guard passes nicely and working on my turtle escapes and the "fat boy roll" which seems to work most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment