Saturday, August 17, 2013

Overdue Update: Florida!

Well, it's been a long ass time since I last updated, so I thought I should drop an entry so the blog is a little more recent.

Basically, I'm in south Florida now. I'm still moving around, staying at friends' places and generally trying to get settled with a job. Consequently, I haven't been able to train much.

That's not to say I'm completely out of the BJJ loop. I've been checking out gyms and I'm still trying to find one that suits my needs. Mainly, lots of gi training and a large number of people to train with, ala Alliance HQ.

ATT is huge down here and they love MMA and no-gi....so the search is not as easy as I had hoped. Currently I'm thinking of either Liborio's or Popovich's school, both in Coconut Creek. But I need to get some income going first.

I checked out Rafael Rebello's ATT Deerfield Beach locations. Watched the first time and trained a couple days later. I was thinking at first that there wasn't a huge number of higher ranked people to train with, but when I actually rolled the class got much bigger and a bunch of purples and blues showed up. Everyone was SUPER nice, one spent some time training at Hardcore with Brian Bowles, and most knew of the Alliance HQ guys. Rafael was awesome as well. Got crushed but 2 purple belts and had a nice, competitive roll with a bantamweight blue. I might check it out again, but there are tons of other places to see first.

Marcelo Silviera has a school in Boca, as does the Moncaio brothers (black belts under Popovich). As I continue to settle in and get some income I'll check out more schools before signing up. Here's to hoping it's not too long!

Here's to ALSO hoping I can get down to Miami sooner rather than later. BLACKHOUSE!

No comments:

Post a Comment