Friday, March 15, 2013

Injuries Mark The First Quarter of 2013

I haven't updated this in a while, and that's mainly due to the fact that the year thus far has been nothing but injuries for me. Back around the middle of January I had my toe rolled on at a VERY awkward angle and was limping for several weeks. By far the worst turf toe I've ever had. Usually I just tape it up and continue on, but I thought it might have been broken for a short period of time. Luckily, it's mostly healed, although there is definitely trauma to the area every time I train which aggravates it.

Toward the end of February, I was unfortunate enough to have my left arm hyper-extended by a very douchey training partner. Long story, but needless to say, I won't be rolling with him anymore. My elbow has been sore as hell with limited range of motion. I wore a brace for a bit, but it has been healing nicely and I'm about ready to return to the mats (with the brace!) in the next few days.

It really makes you think how much we take for granted when we train. Injuries can keep us away from the mats for far too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment